Expressing stance is one of expression which are learnt in high school. It is usually learnt as pre material for discuss more about exposition text; analytical or hortatory. The following expressions can be used to tell your own point of view about certain issue.
If you are in a formal situation, can use expression such as:
- Personally I believe their opinion
- My view of your opinion is…
- From my point of view, your opinion is…….
- According to the regulation, you……
If you are in an informal situation can use :
- If you ask me, your opinion is….
- I guess your opinion is…..
- You know what I think? I think……
Short Dialogue Expressing Stance
Ann: Our relationship is getting worse day by day.
Tom: It’s surprising me. I guess You do not really mean that
Ann: I do. I exactly believe what I said
Tom: What should I hear now?
Ann: It seem that we have to go in our own way
Tom: No, no. I don’t think you mean it
Ann: Yes I do