Example of Procedure Text: Making Kite
English Admin – Learning English text procedure. An instruction on how to make a thing is best example of procedure text. In this way, many procedure texts are written with imperative sentences. Do you know how to make kind of sentences in English?
Before we see the following example of procedure text, we can review some patterns to make English sentences. They are:
1. Affirmative sentence: You make a kite.
2. Negative sentence: You don’t make a kite.
3. Interrogative sentence: Do you make a kite?
4. Imperative sentence: Make a kite!
The imperative sentences are the main element to write a procedure text. They are combined with some connectives, such as firstly, secondly, thirdly, etc
Now we are learning an example of procedure text about how to make a beautiful kite. Having a kite flying is interesting and make it by self is easy.
How to Make a Kite as Example of Procedure Text in English
Prepare the following materials to make a kite:
- Butcher cord
- Scotch tape or glue
- 1 Sheet of strong paper
- 2 Strong, straight wooden sticks of bamboo
- Markers, paint or crayons
What are the Steps to Completely Make a Beautiful Kite?
After the materials have been prepared, the directions bellow is easy instruction on how to make a kite:
1. Make a cross with the two sticks, with the shorter stick placed horizontally across the longer stick.
2. Tie the two sticks together with the string in such a way as to make sure that they are at right angles to each other.
3. Cut a notch at each end of the sticks. Make it deep enough for the type of string you are using to fit in to. Cut a piece of string long enough to stretch all around the kite frame.
4. Lay the sail material flat and place the stick frame face down on top. Cut around it, leaving about 2-3cm for a margin. Fold these edges over and glue it down so that the material is tight.
5. Make a tail by tying a small ribbon roughly every 10cm along the length of string.
6. Decorate your kite with the markers!
This instruction on how to make a kite is taken from:www.skratch-pad.com/kites/make.html
That’s all about the procedure text. This procedure writing is very easy to identified. The generic structure is clearly shown on the body of the text. The are:
1. Goal: How to make a kite
2. Material: We can see the materials needed from the text above
3. Series of steps: The phase is stated one by one to make an instruction of making a kite.
Certain topic or object can be written in various style. If you want to know how an object of kite is written in aother types of text, you can see the following article!
- Example of Explanation Text with Generic Structure: Flying Kites
- Example of Narrative: The Tale of Kite
If we make a summary what we need to understand a procedure text, the answer is easy. There are two tasks which student should prepare before reading this instruction text. Student should understand imperative sentence and some connective word. That’s really enough to understand an English procedure text comprehensively.