Example of Report Text about Tornado Wind
English Admin – Learning English text types. The previous article in example of news item text about tornado, we have show you how a news is written. Today we have the same topic but in different types of text. Mostly writing report text is about natural phenomena.
This is an example of report text about tornado. Report text is a short objective essay. It is written based on certain research. So this text is very often found for an academic writing sample.
What is a tornado? Example of Report text
Tornadoes are known as one of the most damaging disasters. What is the description of tornadoes? A tornado is a very powerful column of winds which spirals around a center of low atmospheric pressure. A tornado will look like a large black funnel which hangs down from a storm cloud.
The name “tornado” derives from the Latin “tonare”. It means “to thunder.” While the Spanish developed the word into “tornear” which means “to turn or twist”. This is why a tornado is sometimes called twister or cyclone.
The winds inside a twister can spin around at speeds up to 500 miles an hour, but it usually travels at roughly 300 miles an hour. This speed twisting makes a tornado the most dangerous storm.
The average tornado has a diameter of about 200 to 300 yards. The smaller tornadoes are known as satellite tornadoes. These small offspring, about 50 yards across, can be very fierce and do lots of damage.
The forming of a tornado can be very quick. Sometimes it can form in a minute or less. A tornado can travel across the ground at high speeds, then it can suddenly vanish. Most tornadoes last less than twenty minutes and travel less than 15 miles. However, the super storms sometimes travel over 100 miles before they are exhausted.
This report text sample about natural phenomenon is composed from: library.thinkquest.org
Generic Structure of Report Text about Tornado
Again after reading the text above, most students of high schools who are learning English should continue to make a small note on the generic structure. Now we will help you to do such analysis on the schematic structure. Here we go!
1. Stating General Classification: Stating classification of general aspect of thing; animal, public place, plant, etc which will be discussed in general. The text above is about a natural phenomenon, tornado.
Tornadoes are known as one of the most damaging disasters.
2. Giving Description: Describing the thing which will be discussed in detail; part per part , customs or deed for living creature and usage for materials. From the text above, we can see some description about the tornado.
Description 1: The name “tornado” derives from the Latin “tonare”. It means “to thunder.”
Description 2: The winds inside a twister can spin around at speeds up to 500 miles an hour.
Description 3: The average tornado has a diameter of about 200 to 300 yards.
Description 4: The forming of a tornado can be very quick.
Because tornado is not living than the description does explain the a custom. That’s all about the example of report text about tornado. Some topics such as tornado, tsunami, landslide, volcano eruption ca be written in report or news item text. Of course the function will be different though the topic is no. Happy learning English.
Related search post:
- report text about tornado
- text report tentang tornado
- contoh factual report natural fenomena bahasa inggris
- contoh report natural disaster
- tornado report text
- factual report natural phenomena
- report teks natural fenomena
- purpose dari teks factual report tornado
- factual report tornado
- report teks tentang tornado
- report text about natural phenomena
- factual import tornado
- example report text natural phenomena
- contoh text report tentang nature phenomena tornado wind beserta artinya
- contoh text report tentang nature phenomena
- contoh teks report tornado soal pembahasan
- what is a tornado dan article dan artinya
- contoh report text singkat tentang tornado
- contoh report text natural phenomenon
- contoh report text natural phenomena