What are the commons question to answer after reading some text types in English? Though the question must be different from one test to another, but they have similarities. The questions are given according the graduation standard. To get high score, students need to understand some common typical question to answer after understanding the text.
Learning English in high school is designed through text types based. Student is presented several kind of text which is commonly used in their daily life. The texts then are followed by some questions. They are generalized into some categories.
1. Main idea or main topic. Such questions refer to the general thing of the content. Sometime they go to the title of the text. Common question which ask the main idea or topic can be some things like:
Which of the following is the most suitable title…?
What is the suitable topic of the passage?
The text mainly tells us about…….
2. Specific information. What is meant by such specific information? This question ask the specific and detail information included in the text. This specific information can be a name, place, date, year, etc.
3. Implied information. This typical question need the skill to read between the lines as it is not stated clearly in the text.
3. Meaning of the word. It can be synonym, antonym, and word reference.
4. Kind of the text. The are several kinds of text which students are asked to determine, whether it is narrative, spoof, descriptive, review, etc.
5. The purpose of the text. Each text types has special communicative purpose or social function.
Those are the common questions found after reading text types. Most of the questions are given from year to year but they are not big different.