Reading value able story for better life. How comes? Stories are full of lessons so, again this post is about story of narrative text. I’m sure all of you who are studying in high schools are very familiar with it. Even in the previous post, we collected 16 examples of narrative text. However we can not say that it is enough to learn it. So we have another story of narrative text in fable.
Do you know fable? I’m sure you have known. It is a story which depicts animals to speak and do like human. Now, let’s see the following example of narrative text in fable story.
Narrative Text: The Story of Hare and Tortoise
There was once an arrogant hare who wanted to prove that he was better than everybody else, so he chose the slowest animal in the county, the tortoise, and invited him to a five mile race.
The tortoise accepted his challenge and trained hard for the event, while the hare walked around boasting that he was going to humiliate the tortoise and make him look stupid.
The day of the race dawned. The tortoise set off at a slow and steady pace, while the hare was dancing around laughing at him; other animals were laughing too, including the rabbit, the badger, and even the little hedgehog.
The hare became exhausted from all his dancing around, so he decided to have a nap. When he awoke, he realised that a few hours had passed and the tortoise was nowhere to be seen. The hare panicked and ran the whole course as fast as he could, which was very fast indeed.
As he reached the top of the final hill, he could see the finish line in the distance, with the tortoise walking slowly across it, the victor.
Narrative text: Generic Structure
As we all know that a narrative should explore problems among the characters which lead into an interesting plot of the story. This plot determine the narrative story whether it runs smoothly or not. Well, the following note is the generic structure from the story of Hare and Tortoise.
1. Orientation: It clearly states that the participants are the hare and the tortoise who live in once time.
2. Complication: From the second, third, and forth paragraphs, we see that the major complication is set by the arrogant hare. In the firs scene, hare and his supporters tried to humiliate tortoise while in the same time the tortoise was practicing hard. Because hare thought it was safe, he took a nap, but that was his big mistake.
3. Resolution: The story of hare and tortoise is closed with the scene of tortoise winning the race. It was a bed and sad ending for hare but it was the victory of tortoise.
Narrative Text: Moral Value Lessons
There are two main purposes of writing a narrative text
1. Entertaining the readers with an interesting story.
2. Teaching a certain moral lesson to the readers.
What we can get for above narrative text in the story of hare and tortoise are:
1. We feel entertained with the fable story, animals do like we do.
2. We get the valuable lesson that that “fast” is not always winning but “slow” and steady is winning in the end.
If you want to know an other version from this story, read:
Example Narrative Text with Moral Value: Story of John And Amy
That’s all the narrative text in the story of hare and tortoise. Hopefully it can be enjoyable and help you to get better understanding on what is a narrative story and how it is organized.
Related search post: