Advantages and Disadvantages of Homeschooling: Example of Discussion Text
English Admin – Again we are learning about a pro and con text. Today we have a topic of some advantages and disadvantages of home schooling. The pros and cons essay is called discussion text. How this text is organized by the writer is what we are focusing on.
There are pro and con opinion on homeschooling practice widely recently. This issue can be placed as discussion text as it will present two different points of view. This problematic text like my previous example of discussion text which there are six samples always contains arguments for and argument against for certain issue. Now take a look!
Discussion text – The advantage and disadvantage of homeschooling
Homeschooling is an alternative way to educate our kids beside sending them to public school. Homeschooling is becoming more popular every day. There are about two million children currently learning at home. However it has some advantages and disadvantages.
Parents choose homeschooling to educate their kids because they believe that homeschooling can be a personalized schedule. Home schooling allows parents and children to work out a schedule that will best work for the child.
Another advantage is flexibility in time and curriculum. By home schooling parents can set the curriculum around vacation, illnesses, and other surprise event
On the other hand, homeschooling can spoil parents’ time. Homeschooling needs a lot of time in preparation and delivery. Parents have to research topics, prepare the lessons, set up the projects and field the trips.
So, when thinking about putting children through home school, we should make sure that we understand all of the criteria involved in the home education.
Note: This example of discussion text “Advantages and Disadvantages of Homeschooling” is simplified and arranged from: whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/Advantages-and-Disadvantages-to-Homeschooling
Analyzing Generic Structure of Discussion Text about Advantages and Disadvantages of Home Schooling
As stated above, a discussion text is covering two opponent sides. They are the positive and negative one, the advantages and disadvantages one, the pros and cons one. The writer explores which arguments are supporting the issue and which one contradicting. The generic structure from the text sample above is:
1. Stating the Issue: What is the issue to be discussed, commonly stated in the first paragraph.
Homeschooling is an alternative way to educate our kids
2. Supporting Arguments: What arguments are in the side of the issue to be discussed
Home schooling allows parents and children to work out a schedule that will best work for the child.
3. Against Arguments: What arguments are in the opponent side of the issue.
homeschooling can spoil parents’ time. Homeschooling needs a lot of time in preparation and delivery.
4. Finalized Recommendation: What should do after careful thing the two opponent argument suggested by the writer.
we should make sure that we understand all of the criteria involved in the home education.
For those who needs more samples for this kind of text, you can see my collection on discussion text with several different topics as posted before. Happy learning English text genres.
Related search post:
- discussion text homeschooling
- contoh discussion text homeschooling terjemahan
- home shcoling disscussion text
- discussion text tentang homescolling
- discussion text tentang homeschooling dan geneeic structurenya
- discussion text tentang homeschooling
- Discussion text posstive and negative Home Schooling
- discussion text homr scholling beserta generic strukturnyaa judul home schooling
- discussion text homr scholling
- Discussion teks there are positive and negative effect of home schooling dan generic structures
- debat bahasa inggris tentang homeschooling
- contoh saran closing dalam discussion text tentang hime schooling
- homeschooling is an alternative way to educate terjemahan