English Admin – Learning informal letter for friend. Before this post we had example of formal or business letter. Today we are learning the generic structure and some examples of how a personal letter is composed.
To make clear how to write a personal letter, below is some elements should be included when writing a personal letter. They are:
1. Date: It is the month, day and year that the letter is written on.
2. Greeting: Some times we call it “salutation”. It is the introductory phrase. It can be a phrase like:
- Dear Tono, Dear My friend, Dear My Brother, etc
- Body: All kinds of letter formal or informal have the letter body. This is the complete text of the letter or the subject matter content.
3. Closing: It is the farewell phrase. That is a word that precedes the signature and is followed by a comma. The phrases can be like; Yours truly, Sincerely, Respectfully yours, Regards, etc.
4. Signature: This the place where you writ your name and signature.
Examples of Personal Letter for Various Purposes
After understanding the generic structure of how a personal letter is organized, now we see some sample below.
The first letter above is written by friend to another friend to inform that one of them can not meet in a time asked. He replies for sorry and rearrange to another time. Again a personal letter below is very informal. Read it!
Have you notices that personal letter can be different from one to the others? It ca be as informal letter is written by some individual subject to another and does not limited by some rules of writing ad styles.