Ini adalah latihan soal bahasa Inggris kelas 10 dengan materi recount text, narrative text, short conversation tentang compliment dan intention, serta materi pronoun. Dalam soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 dan kunci jawaban kurikulum 2013 ini akan banyak diberikan soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 beserta jawabannya namun masih harus dicek kembali jawaban yang telah diberikan dengan tulisan warna biru. Baik soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 semester 1 dan semester 2
tidak banyak ha yang berbeda selain dari tema dan materi. Semua soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 sma ini bagus untuk berlatih mengerjakan soal dan menambah kosa kata.
Didalam materi short conversation dan pronoun ada juga soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 tentang talking about self. Kita tahu bahwa soal bahasa inggris kelas x talking about self ini adalah hal pertama yang harus dipelajari makanya kali ini diberikan contoh soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 talking about self. Semua soal bahasa inggris kelas 10 beserta jawaban ini harus di periksa lagi jawaban yang telah diberikan dan digunakan sebagai latihan.
Soal Recount Text
Early one morning, Umar was walking to the bus stop to catch a bus to school. A loud, screeching noise suddenly pierced the air. Umar realized that there had been an accident. A small boy was lying unconscious on the road, and the car that had hit him had already run away.
Umar was confused and frightened. “is the boy dead?” Umar asked himself. However, the boy was still breathing. Umar could see that the boy had bruises all over his face and arms. Umar did not know what to do. Few cars passed along this road at this time of the day. The nearest house which he could go to for help was his own, but it would take ten minutes to walk there. Umar finally decided to stay with the boy until somebody came by. Time passed very slowly – so it seemed to Umar. The boy was still unconscious, and Umar prayed for the boy to regain consciousness.
Umar sprang to his feet at the sound of an approaching car. He waved frantically at the driver to stop. Umar asked the driver,”You will help this boy, won’t you, Sir?” The driver was kind. He carried the injuried boy to the car. Umar went with them to the hospital. Later, the driver took Umar to the police station to report the accident.
Umar had a lot to tell to his friends that day at school. All his friends though Umar was a very brave boy.”it was an unforgettable incident, wasn’t it?” They asked him. “Yes, it was, “Umar replied.”it was a terrifying experience, thought!”
1. What is the genre of the text?
c. News item
2. The purpose of the text is to ….
a. tell a past event
b. report a phenomena
c. entertain readers
d. describe Umar’s activity
e. discuss something
3. Umar and the helpful driver went to the police station after they ….
a. stopped the approaching car
b. reported the accident they saw
c. brought the boy to the nearest house
d. had seen the injured boy on the road
e. had carried the injured boy to the hospital
4. “Time passed very slowly” ….( paragraph 4 ). This part of the text is called ….
5. What do Umar,s friends think about him ….
a. he is an honest boy
b. he is a kind boy
c. he is a coward boy
d. he is an easy going boy
e. he is a very brave boy
6. The old woman was feel …. after she had heard that her beloved son was seriousely injured in a terrible accident.
7. The room is to narrow, we need a …. of air here.
Soal Narrative Fable
The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen. “Once upon a time a hawk fell in love with a hen. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen, “Won’t you marry me?”
The hen loved the brave, strong hawk and wishes to marry him. But she said,”I cannot fly as high as you can. If you give me time, I may learn to fly as high as you. Then, we can fly together.”
The hawk agreed. Before he went away, he gave the hen a ring. “This is to show that you have promised to marry me,”said the hawk.
So it happened that the hen had already promised to marry a rooster. So, when the rooster saw the ring, he became very angry. “Throw that ring away at once! Didn’t you tell the hawk that you’d already promised to marry me?” shouted the rooster . The hen was so frightened at the rooster anger that she threw away the ring immediately.
When the hawk came the next day, the hen told him the truth. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Now, You’ll always be scratching the earth, and I’ll always be flying above you to catch your children” said the hawk. The curse seems to have come true.
8. What is the genre of the text?
c. News item
9. Why couldn’t the hen say “yes” right away?
a. because she did not love the hawk
b. because she had no ring to exchange
c. because it would make the roaster angry
d. because the hawk was too brave and strong
e. because she had to learn how to fly as high as the hawk
10. What is the story about?
a. A hen and a rooster
b. A hawk and his wife
c. A hen and her children
d. A rooster and his fiancé
e. A hawk, a hen and a rooster
11. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen,”Won’t you marry me?”(paragraph 1). What does the utterance ”Won’t you marry me?” mean?
a. The hen wanted to marry the hawk
b. The hen refused to marry the hawk
c. The hen agreed to be the hawk’s wife
d. The hawk proposed the hen to be his wife
e. The hawk wanted to marry the hen at the sky
12. Why was the rooster angry when he saw the ring?
a. The hen had betrayed him
b. The hen had stolen his ring
c. The hen didn’t wear her own ring
d. The ring was not good for the hen
e. The ring was to small for the hen
13. What can we learn from the story? We have to ….
a. take care of our children
b. keep our promise
c. love one another
d. listen to other
e. marry soon
14. The hen loved the brave ….(paragraph 2). This part of text called ….
15. When the hawk came ….(paragraph 5). This part of the text called
e. Major complication
16. After the passengers had been out from the plane board, the stewardess collect the trash which may be …. by the passengers.
b. set up
17. You needn’t to …., because we have heard your voice clearly.
18. What is the tense that use on the text above?
a. Past tense
b. Perfect tense
c. Present tense
d. Past perfect tense
e. Future tense
19. ”Didn’t you tell the hawk that you,d already promised to marry me?” Shouted the rooster. Which word of the following words has the closest meaning with the word of “shouted”?
20. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. One of the following words as the antonym of the word “furious” is ….
Test Short Conversation
21. David : “Hi….how do you do?”
Martin : “………”
a. How do you do
b. I’m fine, and you?
c. a and b are correct
d. Nice to meet you
e. not bad
22. Pete : “How about having dinner with me tonight?
Kate : “Thanks you, I’d love to.
From the dialogue above we conclude that …..
a. Kate declines the the invitation
b. Pete invites Kate to have dinner together
c. Pete want to have dinner
d. Pete make a date with Kate
e. Kate love Pete
23. The boy : “……, Madam. Would you mind if I sit beside you?”
The old lady : “ By all means.”
c. Nice to meet you
d. Excuse me
e. How do you do
24. April : “ my brother has got a scholarship to continue his study in one of prominent university in America.”
Ivone : “ ……………..”
a. I’m glad to hear that
b. it’s common
c. I’m not satisfied
d. I’m sorry to know that
e. I’m not surprise
25. Cavin : “You know Rita’s father is hospitalized for his serious illness.”
Barbara : “…………….”
a. She must be very sad
b. It’s boring
c. She must be very happy
d. it’s good idea
e. Excuse me
26. Director : “Type and report the meeting conclusion immediately!”
Secretary : “ All right, sir!”
What does the director words express ……..
27. Teacher 1: “Did you see the head master?”
Teacher 2: “Yes, he …… in the library now.
a. reads a magazines
b. read a magazine
c. is reading a magazine
d. has read a magazine
e. was reading a magazine
28. Deborah : “ My brother ………. To America for continuing his study next weak.”
Roberta : “That’s great”.
a. will leave
e. has left
29. Tina : “ When … you cut your hair so masculine?”
Martin: “ I had the barber cut it yesterday”.
e. have done
30. Ramzy : wow! That’s a lovely “bandana”, Tami. Is it new?
Tami : yes it is. Thanks a lot
Ramzy : The color and the model look nice on you.
Tami : oh, I am. I am really love this bandana.
Ramzy : Did you buy it your self? It must be expensive!
Tami : Certainly not. My lovely brother bought it for me as a gift.
Ramzy : Did he? What a generous brother you have!
What is the gambit of the dialogue above..?
a. leave taking
b. asking information
c. breaking in
d. giving compliment
Soal Grammar dan Structure
31. when father came, children ……. a TV programme.
a. was watching TV
b. watching TV
d. were watching
32. David usually ……… to the book store twice a month.
b. has attended
33. Mr. Watson is teacher. She teaches in (famous – a – school – big) the good arrangement for the words in the bracket is ….
a. a school big famous
b. a famous big school
c. famous a school big
d. a big famous school
e. a big school favorite
34. Julie fell off her bicycle and broke ….. arm
35. Adam and Amanda are merried ……..live in an apartment buiding.
c. They are
36. we live in the same building …… apartment has one bedroom.
e. We are
Begitulah soal kelas 10 bahasa Inggris tentang teks recount, naratif, percakapan intention, ungkapan compliment, dan pemilihan pronoun yang benar baik sebai subject, object, dan possessive. Dengan banyak berlatih mengerjakan soal, maka kemampuan berbahasa Inggris kita akan cepat berkembang.