The story below is funny. It shows how smart farmer deals with a strong wild but dull tiger. The tiger is always curious on why a strong buffalo always do what the farmer say.
Stories become the main form of narrative writing. It can be factual or imaginative. Although the sense is stated based on the imagination but the it has a correlation with the actual life. See the following story
The Story of the Smart Farmer and the Dull Tiger
Once there was a farmer from Laos. Every morning and every evening, he ploughed his field with his buffalo.
One day, a tiger saw the farmer and his buffalo working in the field. The tiger was very surprised to see a big animal listening to a small animal. The tiger wanted to know more about the big animal and the small animal.
After the man went home, the tiger spoke to the buffalo; “you are so big and strong. Why do you do everything the man tells you?” The buffalo answered; “oh, the man is very intelligent”.
The tiger asked; “can you tell me how intelligent he is?”. “No, I can’t tell you”, said the buffalo; “but you can ask him”
So the next day the tiger asked to the man; “Can I see your intelligence?”. But the man answered; “it at home”. “Can you go and get it?” asked the tiger. “Yes” said the man; “but I am afraid you will kill my buffalo when I am gone. Can I tie you to a tree?”
After the man tied the tiger to the tree, he didn’t go home to get his intelligence. He took his plough and hit the tiger. Then he said; “Now you know about my intelligence even you haven’t seen it.
Generic Structure Analysis on Narrative Text
1. Orientation; introducing specific participants; farmer and his buffalo, once in Laos
2. Complication; revealing a series of crisis: the tiger wanted to know more about the farmer and the buffalo, the tiger wanted to know about the farmer’s intelligence.
3. Resolution; the crisis is resolve: the farmer hit the tiger
Language Feature Analysis on Narrative Text
1. Using saying verb; answered
2. Using thinking verb; saw, was surprised to
3. Using action verb; tie, hit
4. Using time conjunction; once, one day
5. Using connectives; after, the next day
6. Using past tense; there was a farmer, the man tied the tiger.
For more explanation on the definition and various kinds of narrative sample, read the following articles:
- Pengertian Narrative Text Bahasa Inggris
- The Difference Between Recount and Narrative Text is Clear
- Dewi Sri: Example of Narrative Text Myth
- Contoh NARRATIVE TEXT FABLE – Story of Mouse Deer and Elephant
- Narrative Text: Cerita Kancil Mencuri Timun dalam Bahasa Inggris
- Contoh Narrative Text: Very Sad Tragic Romantic Love Story – the Blind Girl
- Example of Narrative Text: Story of Thumbelina + Generic Structure & Artinya
- 16 Contoh Narrative Text Terbaik dalam Bahasa Inggris
Reading a story relating to a man and animals always interesting. What moral value you get from the story? Narrative is written to give a certain moral lesson to its readers. If you know the moral value, let me know it He. he.