Narrative Text in Tragic Romantic Love Story – Romeo and Juliet
Example of narrative text – the story of Romeo and Juliet. This is the most heartbreaking love story. This story is romantic as well as tragic. This story for today narrative lesson is being focused on the reasons of why such love story is classified as narrative text. But before answering the question, let’s read the story first!
Narrative Text Example in Romeo and Juliet’s Tragic and Romantic Love Story
There lived two families, the Capulets and the Montagues. They engaged in a bitter feud. Among the Montagues was Romeo, a hot-blooded young man with an eye for the ladies. One day, Romeo attended the feast of the Capulets’, a costume party where he expected to meet his love, Rosaline, a haughty beauty from a well-to-do family. Once there, however, Romeo’s eyes felt upon Juliet, and he thought of Rosaline no more.
The vision of Juliet had been invading his every thought. Unable to sleep, Romeo returned late that night to the Juliet’s bedroom window. There, he was surprised to find Juliet on the balcony, professing her love for him and wishing that he were not a “Montague”, a name behind his own. “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Romeo was ready to deny his name and professed his love. The two agreed to meet at nine o-clock the next morning to be married.
Early the next morning, Romeo came to Friar Lawrence begging the friar to marry him to Juliet. The Friar performed the ceremony, praying that the union might someday put an end to the feud between the two families. He advised Romeo kept the marriage a secret for a time.
On the way home, Romeo chanced upon his friend Mercutio arguing with Tybalt, a member of the Capulet clan. That qurreling last caused Merquito died. Romeo was reluctant no longer. He drew his sword and slew Tybalt died. Romeo realized he had made a terrible mistake. Then Friar Lawrence advised Romeo to travel to Mantua until things cool down. He promised to inform Juliet.
In the other hand, Juliet’s father had decided the time for her to marry with Paris. Juliet consulted Friar Lawrence and made a plot to take a sleeping potion for Juliet which would simulate death for three days. The plot proceeded according to the plan. Juliet was sleeping in death.
Unfortunately, The Friar’s letter failed to reach Romeo. Under the cover of darkness, he broke into Juliet’s tomb. Romeo kissed the lips of his Juliet one last time and drank the poison. Meanwhile, the effects of the sleeping potion wear off. Juliet woke up calling for Romeo. She found her love next to her but was lying dead, with a cup of poison in his hand. She tried to kiss the poison from his lips, but failed. Then Juliet put out his dagger and plunged it into her breast. She died
Note: This example of narrative text is based on Romeo and Juliet, a famous play by William Shakespeare. This example of narrative text about romantic and tragic story was written and simplified from love-story.com
Generic Structure of Narrative Text in Love Story of Romeo and Juliet
The question is why can the love story of Romeo and Juliet be classified as narrative text? To give the best answer to such question, the easy way is by analyzing the story’s structure based on narrative theme. Here it is
1. Orientation: Introducing the participants, setting of place, and setting of time. 1. There lived two families, the Capulets and the Montagues.
2. Among the Montagues was Romeo.
3. Romeo’s eyes felt upon Juliet.
2. Complications: Three kinds of conflicting sources can lead into the major complication. Though in many story they are not stated clearly, but from the implied meaning of the participants’ conversations and story plotting, we can see the complication exposed. 1. The vision of Juliet had been invading his every thought.
2. Romeo chanced upon his friend Mercutio arguing with Tybalt, a member of the Capulet clan.
3. Romeo was reluctant no longer. He drew his sword and slew Tybalt died.
4. Juliet’s father had decided the time for her to marry with Paris.
5. The Friar’s letter failed to reach Romeo.
3. Resolution: What happens to the main participant in the end of the story. 1. Romeo kissed his Juliet one last time and drank the poison.
2. Then Juliet put out his dagger and plunged it into her. She died
Well that’s all the story of Romeo and Juliet. This is the best example for narrative text love story. Do you like reading love story? I do. Happy learning English Online.
Related search post:
contoh cerita narrative text romeo and juliet beserta strukturnya