How do you define a procedure text? Some teachers and students use instructional text referring to that procedure text. What is a procedure text actually? The best and the most accurate way to identify it is through the analysis on three main areas to study and learn English texts.
Definition of Procedure Text
Procedure is a text that show a process in order. Its social function is to describe how something is completely done through a sequence of series. We can find many text labeled as example of procedure text in many Online and Offline media.
Generic Structure of Procedure Text
1. Goal: showing the purpose
2. Material: Telling the needed materials
3. Step 1-end: Describing the steps to achieve the purpose
Language Feature of Procedure Text
· Using temporal conjunction
· Using action verb
· Using imperative sentence
· Using Simple Present Tense
Examples of Procedure Texts
Some various instructions are written for specific goals. Most of them are to show to to do thing completely. This kind of text is very functional in our daily activities. Some of the samples are:
- Example of procedure text about cooking – Example of Procedure Text How to Make Fried Rice Easily
- Example of procedure text about farming – Planting Chilies – Short Procedure Text with Generic Structure
- Example of procedure text about making stuff – Procedure Text in Making Candles
- Example of procedure text about writing – Writing For Business; a procedure text
- Example of procedure text about clothing – Example of Procedure Text – How to Iron Shirt
- Example of procedure text about installing product – Example of Procedure Text: How to Install SIM Card to Cellphone
So It is clear, isn’t it? Procedure text is showing and explaining by command and prohibition statements. It is about Do’s and Don’ts writing style. Happy learning English.