EXAMPLE OF REPORT – Energy of Human Body
We have had several sources to learn report texts in English genres. However this sample is good enough to add our knowledge about this objective essay. Report text is a text written to describe the object as it is. To achieve that genuine description on the object, writes need to do some research and analysis.
We are not talk more on the research and analysis to write an example of report text. We are here is talking a very basic skill how to compose the data provided by the research and analysis. So supposed we have the data need and now we are learning to see and follow the guideline on making a report text. Below is the short sample!
Human Body Energy
Description on how human bodies are provided with energy as example of report text
Human body is actually a living machine and is like all other machines. This living machine needs fuel to supply it with energy. The fuel is provided by the food which we eat. However do we know how much we need to stay healthy?
The energy value of food is usually measured in calories. A calorie is the amount of heat which is required to raise the temperature of 1 kg of water by 1 degree C. The number of calories which people need per day varies. It depends on the activity which the people are involved in. For example; people will need more calories for standing than for sitting, people need more for running than for walking, etc.
The energy which is provided by food is in the form of three kinds of chemical substances. They are carbohydrate, protein and fat. Carbohydrate provides 8.8 calories per gram (cal/gm) of energy, protein 4.0 cal/gm and fat 8.0 cal/gm. Each food contains different proportion of these substances.These three chemical substances are all important for body staying healthy.
Report Text Notes on Generic Structure and Language Feature
After reading the sample above, now we give you a small note on the structure of how a report text is organized. The structure which the writer choose to arrange his paragraphs is what we call Generic Structure. Here is the generic structure of report text about energy of human body
1. General Classification: What is the text about? Remember, all report text focus on general participants. From the sample above, we see the the first paragraph is the general classification. After brief definition or classification paragraph, report text is commonly followed by the important fact about the topic. Report often starts discussion with brief definition or classification about the thing discussed. The first paragraph matches with the brief definition of body energy.
This living machine needs fuel to supply it with energy.
2. Descriptions: What are the feature, characteristics, and function of the participant stated in the first paragraph. The second and third paragraphs tell the important information about the body energy; how it comes from and what form it is available.
The energy value of food is usually measured in calories.
The energy which is provided by food is in the form of three kinds of chemical substances. They are carbohydrate, protein and fat.
Most of report text sample are written with certain but common language feature. When learning English text, especially in high schools, students must have solid background of the knowledge for certain grammatical usage. For example, learning example of report text, students should understand:
1. Technical or scientific term. Calories, carbohydrate, protein, fat etc are some of the example.
2. Simple Present Tense: This is a timeless tense which report text uses to cover subject matching in all time divisions, past, present, and future.
3. Passive Voice: Using this feature, report text can focus on the object, activity, or the outcome. The agent of the sentence is often omitted
For more samples, students can read and learn some important articles to give a vivid description on the definition and related samples. Below are the sources
That’s all the example of report text about human body energy. Learning English in report text is a basic acquired skill to professionally write an academic essay. Happy learning English.