Baru 29 Contoh Soal Procedure Text dan Jawaban
Procedure text itu diberikan dalam bentuk kalimat imperative dan prohibition. Soal yang diberikan pun biasanya bersifat instruksi. Karena sifatnya yang petunjuk, maka biasanya jenis teks procedure bahasa Inggris ini bersifat sangat teknis. Ada beberapa kata teknis yang artinya sangat husus, bisa dipahami dalam kontek bacaan tertentu dan ada yang tidak bisa diaplikasikan pada bacaan yang lain. Semua contoh prodeure text bahasa Inggris itu berkenaan tentang petunjuk cara melakukan sesuatu, misalnya cara membuat layang-layang, cara belajara yang efektif, cara memenangkan debat dengan elegant, dan lain-lainnya.
Dalam belajar jenis teks bahasa Inggris, ada setidaknya 3 hal dasar yang harus diketahui ketika membicarakan type teks seperti teks proceudre ini, yaitu:
1. Social function: Apa guna dan tujuan dari ditulisnya teks procedure ini
2. Generic Structure: Bagaimana teks procedure ini disusun sehingga berbeda dengan susunan jenis teks yang lain
3. Language feature: Apa ciri-ciri umum kebahasaan yang bisa ditemukan dalam teks procedure ini
Pemahaman akan ke tiga hal diatas akan sangat membantu dalam memahami isi keseluruhan teks yang sedang dibaca. Ketika sudah faham isi keseluruhan dari teks yang dibaca, maka menjawab pertanyaan setelahnya akan terasa makin mudah.
Jenis dan Contoh Pertanyaan Reading Comprehension
Ada beberapa jenis pertanyaan yang umum kita jumpai setelah membac teks. Teks yang kita baca biasanya berkisar jenis teks essay bahasa Inggris dan teks functional. Kedua macam teks ini akan diujikan dalam pelajaran bahasa Inggris dengan cara menjawab beberapa pertanyaan berdasarkan teks yang dibaca. Pertanyaan yang diberikan juga bervariasi tapi umunya sekitaran 4 hal berikut:
1. Skimming Informasi Umum, biasanya dengan berbagai redaksi pertanyaan:
• What is the topic of the text ?
• What is the subject of the text passage?
• What is the main idea of the text / passage?
• What is the author’s main point in the passage?
• What is the author primary concerned?
• Which of the following would be the best title?
• What does the paragraph probably discuss?
Contoh Soal Skimming tentang informasi umum
What does the text tell us about?
A. The forest fire and the effect in Indonesia.
B. The worst condition of forest fire in Indonesia.
C. The victims of the forest fire in Sumatra and Kalimantan.
D. The instruction from Jokowi to review all peatland licenses.
E. The research evidence that peat swamps in nature is resistant to fire.
2. Scanning Infromasi Tertentu, biasanya dengan berbagai redaksi pertanyaan:
• What is the name of the teacher?
• Where did they go after the meeting?
• When was he born?
• How did she look when you met her?
• What is the price of a glass of orange juice?
Contoh Soal Scanning tentang informai tertentu
How people earn PokeDates?
A. By referring a computer.
B. By paying US$20 per date.
C. By signing up to service.
D. By going on a date.
E. By offline dating.
3. Pertanyaan Inference/Reading Between The Lines (Informasi tersirat, menyimpulkan berdasarkan bukti), biasanya dengan berbagai redaksi pertanyaan:
• What can be inferred from paragraph 1?
• What does the writer suggest in the last paragraph?
• Based on the information in the text, why do you think the man lied to his wife?
Contoh Soal Inference atau kesimpulan
What can we infer from the text?
A. Many people suffered from serious illness because of the haze.
B. Only children have been hospitalized from severe respiratory illness
C. The main cause of haze in Riau came from the slashing and burning of forest areas
D. Companies could convert active forest and deep peat into monoculture plantation.
E. The president has instructed the forestry and environment ministry to issue new permit for plantation.
4. Pertanyaan Detailed Information (Informasi Rinci ), biasanya dengan berbagai redaksi pertanyaan:
• Which of the following is true according to the text?
• The author mentions all of the following as important in determining the pipeline’s route EXCEPT : …
• According to the paragraph, why did he do …
• According to the paragraph, how did he do …
Contoh Soal Informasi Rinci
How can people be powerful to earn money online?
A. To create blog
B. To sell product
C. To join association
D. To join social media
E. To contact entrepreneurs
Keempat jenis pertanyaan inilah yang paling sering kita jumpai dalam semua soal jenis teks bahasa Inggris essay atau functioanl. Jenis teks ini biasanya diujikan dalam bentuk listening section dan reading comprehension.
Kumpulaan Soal Procedure Text Beserta Jawabannya
Berikut ini disajikan beberapa contoh soal reading coprehension tentang teks procedure untuk bahan latihan sesering mungkin. Latihan sesering mungkin dengan berbagai variasai soal akan meningkatkan kemampuan reading coprehension.
Soal Procedure Text 1
Ladies and Gentlemen, in case of emergency, take the life jacket which is located under your seat.
Put the life jacket over your head and then fasten the jacket tapes around you’re your waist.
Do not inflate the jacket until you left the aircraft. The jacket will be automatically inflated by pulling a cord, but if not, you can blow into the chip to inflate it.
A light is attached to the jacket for attracting attention. The life jacket should be removed only in case of emergency.
The use of TV set, AM and FM radios and radio cassettes recorders, walkman, and any mobile phones are prohibited on board as they interfere the communication and navigational system.
We wish you an enjoyable flight.
1. Where is the life jacket located?
A. Over the head
B. Around the waist.
C. Outsite the aircraft.
D. In the back of the seat.
E. Under the seat.
2. What can interfere the navigatioanl system
B. The life jacket.
C. Mobile phones
D. The attached light.
E. Tapes around the waist.
Soal Procedure Text 2
A quick and easy cheese cake recipe
Yield : 6 servings
Prep. Time :5 minutes
Cook Time : 40 minutes
Total Time : 45 minutes
16 ounces cream cheese, 2 packages, softened
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 prepared Graham cracker crust
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until well-blended. Blend in 2 eggs. Stir in chocolate chips then pour batter into Graham cracker chust. (you may sprinkle ¼ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips on top if you desire).
Bake at 35calcius for 40 minutes, or until certer is almost set. Cool.
For best results refrigerate for 3 hours.
3. How many persons is the cake for?
4. The goal of the text is to tell about . . . . .
A. how to beat cream cheese
B. how to blend sugar and vanilla
C. how to bake chocolate cheese and cake
D. how make chocolate cheese cake
E. how to make mini sweet chocolate chips
4. The text is called a/an . . . . .
Soal Procedure Text 3
How to make a Cheese Omelet
1 egg, 50 g cheese, 1 cup milk, 3 tablespoons cooking oil, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Frying pan, fork, spatula, cheese-grater, bowl, and plate.
• Crack the egg into a bowl
• Whisk the egg with a fork until it’s smooth
• Add milk and whisk well
• Grate the cheese into the bowl and stir
• Heat the oil in frying pan
• Turn the omelet with spatula and cook both sides
• Place on a plate, season with salt and pepper
5. The text above belongs to……
C. news item
6. The text tells us about……
A. how long to make any kind of food
B. ingredients of making omelet
C. utensils of making omelet
D. methods of making omelet
E. how to eat a cheese omelet
7. The followings are methods of making a cheese omelet, except…..
A. cracking the egg
B. whisking the egg
C. adding milk
E. heating the oil
8. How much cheese do we need to make a cheese omelet?
A. one gram
B. three grams
C. five grams
E. fifty grams
9. ……is a tool with a flat flexible blade used for mixing and spreading.
Soal Procedure Text 4
Recipe for French Toast
You are going to need:
4 pieces of bread
1 spoon of sugar
A quarter of a cup of milk
Before you start to cook, you have to read the recipe.
Now you can get ready. After you read the recipe, put everything on the counter.
When everything is ready, break the eggs, pour a quarter of the milk in the bowl, then add a small spoon of sugar. Mix the eggs, milk and sugar.
Next, put a piece of bread in the bowl with the eggs, milk and sugar. Turn over the bread.
Now, put some butter in the pan. Turn on the stove. When the pan is hot, take the bread out of the bowl and put it into the pan. After you cook one side of the bread, cook the other side. After you finish the first place of the bread, cook the other pieces. Now you have French toast!
10. The type of the text above is called …..
11. The purpose of the text is ……..
A. to describe French toast
B. to explain about French toast
C. to tell the reader how to make French toast
D. to entertain the reader with French toast
E. to persuade the reader to make French toast
12. Who is the text better addressed to?
A. An expert chef
B. A student learning at home
C. A husband left by his wife
D. A mother at home
E. A boy/girl left by his /her mother
13. “Before you start to cook, you have to read the recipe.” The underlined word means …….
A. a set of learning instruction
B. a written statement that one has received money
C. a written statement that one has received something
D. a doctor’s written order for a particular medicine
E. a set of cooking instruction
14. “You are going to need.” The expression and what it follows belong to …..
Soal Procedure Text 5
How to Make Starfruit Punch
• 250 gr yellow starfruit in slices
• 100 ml water 2 spoonful of vanilla
• 8 teaspoonful of lemonade extract Procedure
• Put slices of starfruit and water in the blender. Wait until it’s soft. Skim it.
• Add syrup, lemonade extract, and soda water. Stir thoroughly.
• Pour it in the glass and put in the ice cubes.
15. What is the text about?
A. How to make starfruit punch
B. The ingredients of starfruit punch
C. How to use blender
D. How to stir thoroughly
E. How to slice starfruit
16. …..lemonade extract and soda water. Stir thoroughly. The word “stir“ means….
A. to make smooth
B. to boil
C. to cut
D. to make dry
E. to move an object in order to mix it
17. Which of the following procedures is true?
A. Put slices of starfruit in the glass.
B. Put ice cubes in the blender.
C. Skim two spoonful of vanilla.
D. Skim the slices of starfruit and water which have already been softened
E. Wait until the ice cubes are melted.
Soal Procedure Text 6
Burning a CD allows you to take music from one CD and transfer it onto another CD. This process is possible with any computer that has a CD driver, but it is easier on a computer that can run two CDs at once. Either way, you can copy all your music from one CD to the next. Here is how to copy from one CD to another, using one and two CD drivers.
Instructions Burning with two CD Trays
1. Insert the CD from which you want to burn music into your computer’s CD tray. Insert a blank CD into your computer’s second CD tray.
2. Open windows media player and wait for it to recognize the CD.
3. Click the “burn” option at the top of Windows Media Player. Drag the songs you want from the list of your songs into the area on the right labeled “Burn List”.
4. Choose the blank CD onto which you want to burn your song. This can be done at the top of the Burn List Menu.
5. Click the “Start Burn” button when you have all the song you want for the CD added to the Burn List. Wait for your computer to finish the CD, then take both of the CDs out.
17. What is the topic of the text?
A Running two CDs.
B. Opening Media Player.
C. Copying a compact disc.
D. Choosing the blank CD.
E. Inserting the CD into computer.
18. What should we do after click the “burn” option at the top of Windows Media Player?
A. Choose the blank CD onto which you want to burn your song.
B. Open windows media player and wait for it to recognize the CD.
C. Wait for your computer to finish the CD, then take both CDs out.
D. Click the “Start Burn” button when you have all the songs you want from the CD.
E. Drag the songs from the list of Songs
19. “The process of copying CD is possible with any computer…” The word “possible” is closest in meaning to…
Soal Procedure Text 7
1 tb margarine, dairy free
1 tb Vegetables oil
1 c onion – chopped
8 oz Mushrooms – sliced
1 lg Garlic clove – minced
1/3 celery – thinly sliced
3 c Soybean milk
4 c Potatoes – cubed ½ inch
¼ ts Black pepper
1 ts Salt, or to taste
1 tb Parsley – chopped
1. Saute onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper in hot oil and margarine about 3 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté 3 more minutes.
2. Add soybean milk, black pepper, salt and potatoes. Bring mixture almost to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Make about 6 cups. Thin with extra soybean milk if soup is too thick.
4. Garnish with parsley and serve with the veal.
20. The text states that …
A. extra soybean milk must be added if the soup is too thick
B. six cups of soy bean milk must be added to the soup
C. soybean milk is used merely for garnish
D. extra cups must be provided for everybody
E. the soup must be thick to make it easy
21. According to the text when should we add sliced mushroom?
A. After adding soybean milk, black pepper, salt & potatoes.
B. After frying onions, garlic, celery & green pepper.
C. As soon as we heat and simmer onion, garlic and green pepper.
D. Before pouring the oil and margarine.
E. Before we serve the meal.
22. 1tb parsley – chopped. The word “chopped” is closest in meaning to …
Soal Procedure Text 8
ORAGANIC FERMENTATION BACTERIA TO INCREASE CATTLE PRODUCTIVITY
EM- 4 is a mixture of micro-organisms that gives the benefit for cattle growth and product.
1. Decrease smell pollution
2. Balance mutual micro-organisms
3. Increase quality and quantity of cattle product
How to use:
1. To get satisfying result, dissolve 1cc EM-4 per liter water every day
2. Spray 1 cc EM-4 per liter of water every week on the floor, wall, and manure.
Agent: PT. Songgolangit
Distributor: Jl Ki Hajar Dewantara 46 Jakarta
Phone: (021) 7894529
23. This text tells us about …
C. cattle product
D. contact address
E. the use of EM-4
24. One of the benefits of the product is …….
A. for growing cattle bacteria
B. for increasing smell pollution
C. for producing cattle manure and organic fermentation bacteria
D. for increasing micro organisms
E. for increasing quality and quantity of cattle product
25. What will you do to get satisfying result?
A. Dissolve 1 cc EM-4 per liter of water every two days.
B. Dissolve 4 cc EM-1 per liter of water every week.
C. Dissolve 1 cc EM4 per liter of water every week.
D. Dissolve 4 cc EM-1 per liter of water per day.
E. Dissolve 1 cc EM-4 per liter of water every day.
Soal Procedure Text 10
1. Sitting on a bike, make sure you know where the bikes are and how to operate them
2. You have to learn to balance the bike. Find a person who can hold your bike behind you and try to go steady as you pedal it
3. Finally, you have to practice. Once you can balance, pedal, start, and stop, you are bicycle rider. Congratulation!
4. As you gain experience, raise the seat up so that only your toes can touch the ground while you are seated.
5. When you are ready, ride alone. But first, lower the seat until you can sit and put both feet flat on the ground
6. After practicing for a couple minutes, the person can release his or her hands while you try to keep your balance
26. Arrange these sentences below into a good order
A. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6
B. 1 – 2 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 3
C. 1 – 2 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3
D. 1 – 2 – 5 – 3 – 6 – 4
E. 1 – 2 – 4 – 6 – 5 – 3
Soal Procedure Text 11
1. You can make instant noodles with the help of a microwave.
2. Finally, add any items that you want and serve the noodles.
3. First, fill the bowl with two cups of water and the noodle.
4. Microwave it for about three to five minutes.
5. Then, take the noodles out of the microwave and pour the seasonings.
6. After the microwave beeps, wait for three minutes in the closed microwave.
7. Next, stir the noodles until the seasonings dissolve.
27. The best arrangement of the sentences above is:
Soal Procedure Text 12
(1) Wrap the casualty in a sheet which has been dampened with cold water.
(2) Move the casualty to a cool place, loosen or remove any tight or heavy clothing.
(3) Make sure the sheet stays wet and fan the casualty to keep them cool.
(4) Check the casualty’s temperature regurarly.
(5) Once it has fallen to a safer level (under 40oC), remove the wet sheet and stop the cooling process.
28. Rearrange the following sentences into the correct and meaningful procedure!
Soal Procedure Text 13
1. Open the lid up and pour it out
2. Make sure the blender clean and working
3. close the lid and hold the cover tightly
4. Put the fruits inside
5. Clean the blender
29. The correct order is…..
A. 2 4 3 6 1 5
B. 3 2 5 6 1 4
C. 2 4 1 6 5 3
D. 3 4 2 5 1 6
E. 1 3 2 4 6 5
Begitulah 29 contoh soal berbagai variasi pertanyaanyang mengikuti bacaan reading comprehension teks procedure. Kumpulan soal ini dimaksudkan sebagai bahan latihan mengerjakan test bahasa Ingris terutama reading test.