An Indonesian housemaid has been executed in Saudi Arabia after being convicted of killing her employer, the Saudi Interior Minister said.
The woman was beheaded in the Southern Asir province in what was the second execution in the country.
The maid was earlier found of suffocating her female boss and stealing her jewellery. Rape, murder and other serious crimes can carry the death penalty in the conservative desert kingdom.
Last year, Saudi Arabia, which follow a strict interpretation of Syaria, Islamic law executed more than 130 people.
Source: This news item sample is taken from: BBC News
Generic Structure Analysis
1. Main event; an Indonesian maid was beheaded in Saudi Arabia.
2. Background 1; the maid was found guilty of suffocating her bos.
3. Background 2; serious crimes can carry death penalty in Saudi Arabia.
4. Background 3; Saudi Arabia executed more than 130 people last year.
5. Resource; the Saudi Interior Minister statement.
Language Feature Analysis
1. Focusing circumstances; law of serious crimes.
2. Using material process; behead, execute, carry, etc