Example of Narrative Text with Moral Value: CINDERELLA STORY
English Admin – Most of you know the story of Cinderella. This is a classical fairy tale which spread in most of regions in the world. Due to the popularity, many students quote this story when the are learning English narrative text. It is true that the story is arranged along with the elements of narrative’s generic structure.
However many students miss one important thing when learning English text. Narrative is written to entertain readers with a good story. Narrative also has the goal to teach the reader some important moral value. That it is the moral lessons inside the story of Cinderella. Have you known what the moral value of Cinderella story is? We will talk it but before that, we are going to see the whole text of that story!
Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Cinderella. She lived with her step mother and two step sisters.
The step mother and sisters were conceited and bad tempered. They treated Cinderella very badly. Her step mother made Cinderella do the hardest works in the house; such as scrubbing the floor, cleaning the pot and pan and preparing the food for the family. The two step sisters, on the other hand, did not work about the house. Their mother gave them many handsome dresses to wear.
One day, the two step sister received an invitation to the ball that the king’s son was going to give at the palace. They were excited about this and spent so much time choosing the dresses they would wear. At last, the day of the ball came, and away went the sisters to it. Cinderella could not help crying after they had left.
“Why are crying, Cinderella?” a voice asked. She looked up and saw her fairy godmother standing beside her, “because I want so much to go to the ball” said Cinderella. “Well” said the godmother,”you’ve been such a cheerful, hardworking, uncomplaining girl that I am going to see that you do go to the ball”.
Magically, the fairy godmother changed a pumpkin into a fine coach and mice into a coachman and two footmen. Her godmother tapped Cinderella’s raged dress with her wand, and it became a beautiful ball gown. Then she gave her a pair of pretty glass slippers. “Now, Cinderella”, she said; “You must leave before midnight”. Then away she drove in her beautiful coach.
Cinderella was having a wonderfully good time. She danced again and again with the king’s son. Suddenly the clock began to strike twelve, she ran toward the door as quickly as she could. In her hurry, one of her glass slipper was left behind.
A few days later, the king’ son proclaimed that he would marry the girl whose feet fitted the glass slipper. Her step sisters tried on the slipper but it was too small for them, no matter how hard they squeezed their toes into it. In the end, the king’s page let Cinderella try on the slipper. She stuck out her foot and the page slipped the slipper on. It fitted perfectly.
Finally, she was driven to the palace. The king’s son was overjoyed to see her again. They were married and live happily ever after.
Notes on Generic Structure and Moral Value of Narrative Text Cinderella
1. Orientation: it means to introduce the participants or the characters of the story with the time and place set. Orientation actually exists in every text type though it has different term. In this story, the first paragraph is clearly seen to introduce the participants of the Cinderella Story. They were Cinderella her self as the main character of the story, her step mother which treated Cinderella badly, and her steps sister which supported her mother to make Cinderella was treated very badly. Cinderella was introduced as a hero in this story. She struggled against the bad treatment from her step mother and sisters.
2. Complication: it is such the crisis of the story. If there is not the crisis, the story is not a narrative text. In a long story, the complication appears in several situations. It means that some time there is more then one complication. In this Cinderella story, we can see clearly that there are Major Complication and Minor Complication.
The second paragraph is the major complication of this Cinderella story. Cinderella got bad treatment from her stepmother. It is the bad crisis which drives into several minor complications which Cinderella has to overcome.
3. Resolution: it is the final series of the events which happen in the story. The resolution can be good or bad. The point is that it has been accomplished by the characters. Like complication, there are Major Resolution and Minor Resolution.
In the last paragraph, it is said that finally Cinderella lived happily. It is the happy resolution of the bad treatment.
After you know the generic structure of the story, you have to continue to get what moral value implied in the story. Moral lesson of any story is not stated verbally. It is implied in the whole of the story. However we can make a list like below:
1. Helping the others who need your hand is fruitful
2. Being patient person is lucrative
3. Nothing is impossible if you believe to be possible
4. Love is basic fundamental line of every think you can do
5. Hard working will lead to success
6. Treating others badly is keeping the bad thing for your self
7. Being Consistent with your choice potentially succeed
8. Being easily despair will hurt your self
9. The beauty comes from your heart and your performance
10. Having a lot of experience lead to the life’s meaning
11. You can add more
Moral value inside any story of narrative text can be a subjective impression. It can differ from one to the others. However moral value is something like global common sense. It is not really different though it stated differently.
A lot of Fairy tales and fables are given along with this moral teaching. For more narrative stories with moral value lessons, you can read:
Some moral lessons in the story of narrative text are stated verbally but some are implied. We can see the the implied moral messages by doing reading comprehension. Happy learning English Online.
Related search post:
- moral value cinderella
- moral value of cinderella
- apa yang bisa diambil dari cerita cinderella
- moral value dari cerita cinderwlla
- moral value of cinderella story
- moral values of cinderella story
- narrative text singkat moral value disney
- pesan moral dari cerita cinderella
- pesan moral dari cerita sinderella bahasa inggris