Example of Recount Text about Bad Experience – Earthquake
A recount text can be found in many forms of writing, such as short biography, personal experience, formal working background, etc. Today we have an example of recount text about bad experience. The writer got the bad experience when there was an earthquake while he was on the way driving home from vacation.
Earthquake while Driving – Example of Recount Text about Bad Horrible Experience
Let me remind you my experience during an earthquake last week. When the earthquake happened, I was on my car. I was driving home from my vocation to Bali.
Suddenly my car lunched to one side, to the left. I thought I got flat tire. I did not know that it was an earthquake. I knew it was an earthquake when I saw some telephone and electricity poles falling down to the ground, like matchsticks.
Then I saw a lot of rocks tumbling across the road. I was trapped by the rock. Even I could not move my car at all. There were rocks everywhere. There was nothing I could do but left the car and walked along way to my house, in the town.
When I reached my town, I was so surprised that there was almost nothing left. The earthquake made a lot of damage to my town. Although nothing was left, I thanked God that nobody was seriously injured.
Analyzing Generic Structure and Language Feature
Reading the sample above is not enough, you should continue to understand the text structure. Below are some important note on the generic structure
1. Orientation: Introducing the participant, using first person point of view, I was on the car las week.
2. Events: Describing a series of event which happened. The car lunched to one side. Telephone and electricity poles was falling down, etc.
3. Re-orientation: Stating the writer’s personal note. Thanking God because nobody was seriously injured.
Now we will see some note on the language feature. It is the most frequently used language in the text. Some of the are listed below:
1. Personal participant; I
2. Chronological connectives; then, and, suddenly
3. Linking verb; was, were
4. Action verb; moved, left, walked, made, etc
5. Simple past tense pattern; earthquake happened, I was on the car, my car lunched on one side, etc
Well, that’s all the example of recount text about horrible bad experience. Remember, learning recount text should understand well about 3 kids of past tenses.