Example of Procedure Text – How to Boil Egg
Procedure text is often written in instructional mode. That is why procedure text is commonly build with imperative sentences. Do you still remember how to make an imperative sentence in English?
Learning a procedure text must be proceeded with understanding on imperative sentences.When we are learning basic kinds of English sentences, we are finding at least 5 commons typical sentences. They are affirmative, negative, interrogative, question word, then imperative and prohibition sentences.
Dominantly a procedure text is written in imperative sentences. Procedure text can be about how to do or make anything. For example it can be about how to make kite, how to make omelet, how to drawing stars, how install cd driver, etc. The following egg recipe is best example of procedure text. Here it is arranged from ehow
Boiling egg in simple and easy way
Eggs are a rich source of protein and vitamins and are generally healthy to eat, unless you have a high cholesterol level. You can eat eggs raw, boiled or cooked in a pan as scrambled eggs or an omelet. Boiling eggs is one of the easiest ways to prepare them. Follow the steps!
First of all, place the raw egg in a saucepan!
Secondly, run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
After that, place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
The next, don’t forget to reduce the heat to low
Then, Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
Finally, Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly.
Now we are making a note on the generic structure on the procedure text. An instructional text should be structured as:
1. Goal: Goal, purpose, or aim of the text is often written as the tittle of the text and easily seen
How to cook egg
2. Material and equipments: What things you need to make the goal is optional. Many texts exclude the material and equipment and so the sample above
3. Steps: What things you should do to make the goal. They are some steps or phase which are followed completely to reach the stated goal. In this procedure text sample, we can list the steps are
Place the raw egg in a saucepan
Run cold water into the saucepan
place the saucepan on a stove and cook
don’t forget to reduce the heat
Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle
That is all about example of procedure text on how to make boiling egg. This text is also provided with generic structure so we are easily understand the basic concept of procedure text in English.
Related search post:
- procedure text how to make boiled egg
- teks how to boil eggs easily dan terjemah
- teks how to boil eggs easterjemahartinya